Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012 Day 2

Hi All,

Things are looking good here ;-) Puppies are gaining weight and feel like they are growing. I maintained the 1.5 hour feeding schedule through the night and most of today rather than going to the 2 hourly schedule I use with smaller litters.

Here is there weight gains for the first 48 hours:
(this program is kinda funkie, I line up all my columns and numbers on the draft document and when it converts it is is all over the place. So, although I may be this tired that I can't see straight it is in fact the program and not me, this time. lol)

                                  June 9         June 10     June 11
                                  birth wt       1030 hrs    0915 hrs


Blue Boy:                 320 gms       310 gm       320 gm
Yellow Boy:             378 gm        360 gm       380 gm
Burgundy Boy:         408 gms      390 gm       402 gm
Buff Boy:                  320 gms      310 gm       410 gm
Blue&Pink Girl:        380 gms      370 gm       388 gm
Burgundy Girl:           410 gms      386 gm      390 gm
Blue Girl:                    320 gms     310 gm       320 gm
Buff Girl:                    350 gms      350 gm      350 gm
White Girl:                  396 gms      380 gm      400 gm
Yellow Girl:                328 gms      315 gm      330 gm

I also switched their substitute formula from a commercially available product to goat milk, shipping cream and a little canned milk for sweetness. Yum in the puppy world. Everyone had a go at the bottle with success and between them they consumed between 5-7 mls. Now that may not seem like much, just over a teaspoon in fact, but when you're this little that is a lot of food. Don't forget Bobi is providing a rich  colostrum too. 

I am hearing signs, that her milk is starting to come in and she is having 'let down'. It is so cool. The puppies all 'gulp' at the same time and it sounds like a song. Makes me smile because I know that this was a good feeding.

Tony's been a trooper! I had to go off to work today and he was in the whelping box making sure that all was as it should be. The kids even let me have a little nap when I got home from work (not really so much let me as I collapsed on the couch and passed out!!)

You all have a nice evening and I'll share with you tomorrow.

No comments: