Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012

Good Morning! and I mean Good Morning!

Puppies went to bed with full bellies at 2300 and we got up at 0800. SWEETNESS!!! I've decided sleep looks good on me ;-D

Well, 10 puppies and 38 oz of formula later. All is quiet again. I'm from the hybrid oz-lbs and Celsius generation up here in Canada. I work in kilograms, litres and celsius and yet I buy my meat and produce in pounds. And puppies are always measured in grams and kilograms with big dogs being measured in pounds.  Go figure???

So, that means 38 oz should be close to 4.75 cups which in turn is almost 1.25 quarts. I will suggest that they were in fact hungry or just a little greedy....


Weights before I fed them were:
Green boy -       1.58 kg = 3.48 lbs
Teal boy -          1.35 kg
Dark Blue boy - 1.68 kg
Light Blue boy - 1. 70 kg
Peach girl -         1.30 kg
Red girl -            1.40 kg
Mauve girl -       1.50 kg
Yellow girl -      1.60 kg
Dark Pink girl - 1.60 kg
Pink Frill girl -  1.48 kg

When dealing in kilogram to pounds the kg is multiplied by 2.2

They are all gaining weight and developing great bone structures. I'm afraid if any of you were hoping for small adult dogs, you should not hold your breath.

I'm off to work,
TTYL

No comments: