Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012 .... and then there were 6....

The first proud parents have taken home their new charges....

Dark Blue boy, known to his new family as Rip and on paper as Abraxas, which means.... (oh no, I forgot, but it sounded fantastic. new family send me the meaning and I will post it.) left yesterday afternoon. I'm sure they are half way through crate training today.... fingers crossed

Pink Frill girl (pink and grey collar), known as Lika to her new family and on paper as Alchira (again, didn't write it down so... forgot it ;-(  ) went home Friday afternoon as well... here's hoping it will be a good night for them...

Vader, Green Boy, went to stay with Kim until the weather cools down in Iowa. Apparently, he sang all day and only when Sandy gave him a stuffed snow man did he hug the snow man and go to sleep. Awe!!!

Solid Pink collar went home today too. Tony was home and didn't get the names... Sorry, not much to report there....

Ari, came in this morning and sang, opera style, loud and long for most of the morning. I then had an out of town friend with a family health emergency, which took me to Vancouver General Hospital for most of the day, so she went back out to the kennel to join her siblings. The ICU admitted sick child is stable tonight so I will be back at the crate training tomorrow. I work Monday so I am highly motivated to get this done so I get some sleep Sunday night. Tony won't hear a thing so even if he gets up with her, i'll be a wake.

Spent much of the evening cleaning out the double kennel that the puppies have been in for the past couple of weeks. Did I mention that would shavings are great for absorbing messes? It's true. Not so great at cleaning up though... I think I'll be chasing around wood chips for the next several weeks. I also closed the door between the kennels (so they are now in a single kennel) and set up their obstacle course differently this afternoon. We will see if they figure out the long tunnel tomorrow.. Hopefully, Tony will video tape it and share it with us all...

Tomorrow, Teal boy goes home and Tuesday Kassi (red girl), on paper Assandra will be going home. That pretty much leaves the out of town group waiting for their new families to arrive.


Good night all!!

No comments: