Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day!!!

Ok, these puppies are so fat... and they are still complaining..... funny thing is, they sleep through the night.... what if they are too warm??? 
So, I turned on the air conditioner and dropped the temp down to 18.5 Celsius (for our southern friends, that's freaking cold!!! mid-60's) I may be a northern girl but I'm wearing a sweater and booties and my winter gear is close to coming out.... but they are all quiet, cuddled together and sleeping. 
I have gone from feeding every four hours or so to twice on friday and twice on Saturday. Big meals but they were happy and Bobi fed them the rest of the time. Her first litter we had a fan in the whelping box with them from about day 5. I was the funniest sight ever watching these little heads lined up like fish in the current (all their heads pointed towards the fan).

I can feel the little tooth nubs. Those sharp baby teeth will be breaking through the gums in the next few days and more than ever these guys are going to need to learn to eat from a bowl. The way they grip the finger or the bottle nipple I wouldn't want to be Bobi. I don't think she will either.


Saturday we had several visitors. The puppy boys got to meet their potential new people. The kids were great and the puppies had fun too.

This little man, his brother and sister are picking their next best friend! His heart is set on the green boy puppy. Of course, that's where the negotiations start as the other two are picking everybody else.... time will tell who they go home with but it will be a boy...
what can be more fun than a box of puppies??? TWO boxes of puppies!!!!!
these guys were so careful and well behaved ;-D The Puppies had a great time.
somebody is hinting that it might be time to give up the bottle and try the big girl way to eat!!
not long after our first visitors left we were joined by Mataya and Kianna to come and train the puppies

The shirt says it all, 'LOVE'
puppy cuddles 
is this another one telling me it's time for the big dog dishes?
Bobi is not really happy that they are digging in her dish, so I have to be very careful that she doesn't "deter" them.

I booked to work today, July 1, thinking this is the paid stat and to my surprise I was working for straight time.... the sun came out and I bailed, called it a day and hurried home to play with puppies.

And we did ;-D

We took each set of puppies out to the grass for the first time and provided their first eating from a bowl experience. The  clean up was worth it.




enjoy the cuddle now, in a minute they will be a messy lot...
I think it tastes better on your side of the bowl
is there more pablum in the tummy or on the face???

look at that face, awe..

took me a minute to get my head down but look at me go now ;-)
Is there anything left??? Can you guys make some room? Shove over just a bit more... 

I start puppies on solid food, pablum, at about 3 weeks. I've added yogurt and my milk formula. I have been decreasing the whipped cream slightly over the past few days because, as you can tell, they are a bit chunky. My preference is Milupa baby pablum. It has a nicer texture than the other rice formulas I have tried. If your stores don't carry it it is easily available to order on line. I found this out when my store stopped carrying it and I had to order it in.  This feeding they went through about 1/3 box. It will not be long before they are on ground puppy chow.


Puppy clean up and top up out on the lawn.
weary from adventure.... weary eyes....... night .... zzzzzzz

Things start to get a bit more interesting now that these guys have reached the 3 week mark. Tony is working on a short film clip to add in here because still photography just doesn't capture the play that's starting to happen.

Heard the first growls today when brother took a chomp outta him, as well.

Night,

No comments: